Why take courses in Business?
Business activity affects the daily lives of all Canadians as they work, spend, save, invest, travel, and play. It influences jobs, incomes, and opportunities for personal enterprise. Business has a significant effect on the standard of living and quality of life of Canadians, and on the environment in which they live and which future generations will inherit. Eventually, all students will encounter the world of business, whether they work in urban or rural areas.They must be prepared to engage in business activity with confidence and competence.Young people need to understand how business functions, the role it plays in our society, the opportunities it generates, the skills it requires, and the impact it can have on their own lives and on society, today and in the future.
Critical Areas of Learning
- Skills: the knowledge and skills necessary for success in business.
- Communication: use of appropriate terminology, using established formats, utilizing current technologies.
- Digital Literacy: use of digital technology, networks and communication tools to understand, manage, evaluate and create information.
- Financial Literacy: the ability to read, analyse, manage, and communicate financial information.
- Ethics: the understanding of the social and environmental consequences.
- Introduction to Technology
- Introduction to Business
- Financial Accounting
- Information and Communication Technology
For a full list of courses offered visit:
Business course selections